Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Renting is for the birds.

Ok.  Its official.  We are fixing up the old geezer and putting her on the market.

Please! - please people!  Just everyone calm down!  Put down that check book... We're not quite ready to list it yet.  I know, you're chomping at the bit to make an offer, but Mrs. Belmonte needs just a few improvements before we try this again.  Its not like we're doing a ton.. but she just needs some "freshening up" before we put her out there for all the world to see. 

It's been suggested to us that maybe we should try listing it "as is" and then we wouldn't have to make any of these improvements.  I'd be lying if I said we didn't consider that.  Yeah it sounded very appealing... But I just couldn't stop thinking about how sad it made me feel.  Even more so for Dave.  He bought that house when he was 23 years old.  (the only thing I was committing myself to when I was 23 was a seriously bad haircut)  He poured a lot of sweat equity into it in the five years before I came along... and then we continued with the fun as a young married couple, being weekend warriors and having a blast.  Ahh good memories...  I just can't leave it, all sad and worn out from renting, and stick a sign in the yard?! 

So we are committing ourselves to revamping our 1922 house so its ready for someone new who will love it just as much as we did.    When is it going on the market?  I have no clue.  On New Year's Eve when we made this resolution, somewhere in my mind I was thinking Feb 1 we would have it show worthy.  Now I realize that may have been the champagne talking...

Stay tuned for all our updates!  I will try to post pictures and progress reports in between painting and sanding and replacing, and updating, maybe a little stripping and refinishing.... you get the idea...

No comments:

Post a Comment